Suspension Fiasco: Update, summation and future goals.

Like an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in chinchilla, LBM will bring you in and out of consciousness with alternating waves of outer space-like freshness and pharaonic opulence. You can think of the Paris based design firm like a renaissance man from the future, whose inspirations age timeless, yet capture and astound those in the present.

Moderator: Maraschino Larry

Re: Suspension Fiasco: Update, summation and future goals.

Postby Mandeep D » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:35 pm

How much room do you need, because ultimately you're limited by the hood and the axle. What did Uglybastid do? I know he notched like crazy, raised the motor and raised the strut towers, but what struts was he using?

The solution above is simply an alternative to raising the strut towers, if I understand correctly. The advantage being that it is easily swapped to another car and may be offered as a kit by somebody in the future, and is probably easier I guess. The advantages for raised towers would be esthetics, and additional clearance as the bag can be higher in relation to the tire....
Jetta Kartell - making the world more complicated one project at a time.
Mandeep D

Postby Maraschino Larry » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:20 pm

You know what I think raising the towers is probably the logical thing to do since I'm completely rehashing the bay anyways... DW it's very doable, if there's somebody who's a competent welder at my disposal ;)

Ugly used a modified version of a honda coil over. His engine was raised, steering rack, tie rods, axles all modified, most of the metal inner fenders were completely removed and there were braces welded in.

I don't think I need to get as extreme. I'm not looking to the the lowest car evAr, just be able to sit it down flat and have a stout, final solution for my fronts. Sounds good Randolph! I'm 90% sure the solution will involve the Racelands in some capacity so I plan on ordering them out of the $$ made from parts sales.
.**CLUB.**
**.*SODA**.*

tripwalking wrote:I'd be willing to split it straight up the crotch.
Maraschino Larry

Postby wide_load » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:19 pm

Luxurious wrote:I'm not looking to the the lowest car evAr

BAN! 8)
Oh Hi Dere... welcome to my sig!
wide_load

Previous

Return to Luxurious' Bespoke Motorcars