Clayed the GTI Today

Like an enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in chinchilla, LBM will bring you in and out of consciousness with alternating waves of outer space-like freshness and pharaonic opulence. You can think of the Paris based design firm like a renaissance man from the future, whose inspirations age timeless, yet capture and astound those in the present.

Moderator: Maraschino Larry

Clayed the GTI Today

Postby Maraschino Larry » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 pm

For the first time ever :puke:

It had a bit of fallout when we bought it and of course it's only gotten worse over time. This last winter left me with a vehicle that if it were getting new insurance, under colour it would have said "white with orange spots". I ordered some clay and some Optimum No Rinse (used as clay lube only today... the car was far too dirty for me to be comfortable doing a no rinse wash) from eshine.ca last month, and with such nice weather I decided to jump in today. Either I'm getting old or it was reaaallly bad (probably both), because it took me ~5 hours to complete the car and I completely killed my body in the process. I didn't even get to wax (or change over the summers which was the end goal, lol)... just wash, clay, and quick stone chip touch-ups while the BBQ got hot.

For one time in my life I actually thought to snap a couple of before pics (post wash, pre clay)

.**CLUB.**
**.*SODA**.*

tripwalking wrote:I'd be willing to split it straight up the crotch.
Maraschino Larry

Re: Clayed the GTI Today

Postby wide_load » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Looks great. I've got to do the a3 as it has also caught the orange spot disease.
Oh Hi Dere... welcome to my sig!
wide_load

Postby professor science » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:48 pm

how do your plastic bumpers have orange spots?
Upgrade your grey matter 'cause one day it may matter.

Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because they don't do what you do, or think as you think. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today...

professor science
Site Admin

Postby Maraschino Larry » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks Tristan, make sure to have plenty of beer and music on hand.

Rob, it has nothing to do with the material of the paint's substrate- the surface contaminant itself it what's oxidizing... http://www.hotbodywax.com/ClayBars.html
.**CLUB.**
**.*SODA**.*

tripwalking wrote:I'd be willing to split it straight up the crotch.
Maraschino Larry

Postby wide_load » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 am

We shoulda had a clay party. :)
Oh Hi Dere... welcome to my sig!
wide_load

Postby Dreamstate » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:22 am

Hah, I spent 2 hours cleaning my mouse fur interior. It would have been a fun party to do all together.
So I've learned:
A) Cat hair and velour seats make Randy mad
B) It can't be vacuumed out
C) It can't be sticky rolled out
D) It can't be lint brushed out

My wife bought a rubber brush for the furniture a while ago that wasn't working, so I decided to try it out on my seats.. it didn't work either, UNTIL I tried the squeegee side of it. The grippy rubber material and working the squeegee along the seats in 1" strokes pulled up ALL the hair, it was amazing. It still took 20+ minutes per seat though.
Mercedes-Benz. The Cadillac of automobiles.
Dreamstate

Return to Luxurious' Bespoke Motorcars