Suspense

Moderator: Dreamstate

Suspense

Postby Dreamstate » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:41 pm

Front coils are in. I brought them down 1.25" on the threads because it was stock height where we set them.

I bought a gravity protractor to do a rough camber setting and its more accurate than I thought it would be. Silly me though, I have to unbolt the top plates on both sides and spin them around. The camber plates are good only in one direction, so I am at maxed out at zero degrees right now.

My first impressions are good. Very good actually. It changes the feel of the car altogether. I had goosebumps.

They are set at 6/12 stiffness currently. Which does not seem too harsh. They have good rebound feel too.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1441046384445.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1441046384445.jpg (3.19 MiB) Viewed 2023 times
Mercedes-Benz. The Cadillac of automobiles.
Dreamstate

Re: Suspense

Postby Maraschino Larry » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Yep yep yes yup
.**CLUB.**
**.*SODA**.*

tripwalking wrote:I'd be willing to split it straight up the crotch.
Maraschino Larry

Postby tripwalking » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:44 pm

Beauty.
Collector of Kartell relics.
tripwalking

Postby Dreamstate » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:32 pm

The rear coilovers did not go on as smoothly as expected. After pulling off the factory suspension, I found that the bolt pattern was quite a distance off from being able to fit. I'm not sure if it's a bad measurement on the side of the coilover manufacturer, or if the later 964s have a slightly different pattern and I was sent the incorrect set.

Not wanting to go through customer service and wait who knows how long for a new top mount, I took matters into my own hands. I made up a pattern of the factory spacing and drilled out the new holes. Using a bench vice I pushed out the studs and put them into the new holes. This would have gone a lot smoother if I had the vice clamped onto a workbench, but until I have one, the shop floor will have to do.

After the modification, things went together very smoothly. I took the opportunity to install my new wheels and I am very pleased how it all turned out.

Dreamstate

Postby professor science » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:37 am

So the modified version has the bolts a bit further from the centre than the stock version? Looks like the angles are the same, trying to figure out the difference.

It looks great on those wheels, dude.
Upgrade your grey matter 'cause one day it may matter.

Don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because they don't do what you do, or think as you think. There was a time when you didn't know what you know today...

professor science
Site Admin

Postby Dreamstate » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:25 am

Yeah, the bolt circle diameter was a little off. Also two of the bolts were about 1/2" closer than the factory holes.
Dreamstate

Return to The 1%