New Skin

Moderator: Dreamstate

Re: New Skin

Postby Dreamstate » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:42 pm

They did a great job with pretty much all of it. Many of you guys saw it in the garage on Saturday.

Well. They broke a fog light, didn't put the sunroof seal in, lost a couple screw caps, lost the lock knob cap and didn't fasten all the side skirts on properly. The window guy also forgot to put the trim on the quarter windows too. Otherwise, it want really well. :lol:

The paint is 8/10. I'm pretty happy with it. It may need a cut/polish to take the few specs and orange peel out of it. But it's not something I was able to see outside today, so it's not a big issue. I was only able to see the issue in hard lighting. Knocking down the orange peel would be nice. It's *almost* as good as a factory paint job, which is quite a feat with no wet sanding. They didn't take off the washer nozzles or separate the flag mirrors completely, which kind of irks me. But you can't really tell, so I guess I shouldn't complain. My biggest complaint is they didn't paint the door jams. There are scratches in several areas that I wanted fixed. I will have to find a guy to blow in some paint here and there.

The repair work is a 10/10. They did an amazing job with that. Sadly, I don't have a lot of before pictures, and the creasing and kinking didn't show up well on camera. It's crazy the amount of damage they were able to remove for so little money.

The owner said they would take care of any of my issues, like the fog light and window trim. He is very personable, and goes to all the german car shows. His E320 took 1st place this year at Vagkraft in the Mercedes class. So, he is part of the community. I wasn't able to get in touch with him today though, which was a bit of a disappointment. We'll see what happens. The fog lamp housing is $250-300 used. So, not insignificant.

Mercedes-Benz. The Cadillac of automobiles.
Dreamstate

Postby mushroom_curry » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:42 am

Hot damn. That looks great

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
you won't curry any favours with me.
mushroom_curry

Postby mushroom_curry » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:48 am

The list of damaged/incomplete gave me a bit of chest pain feels till you said they were cool with working with you to rectify.

Not a bad outcome. Happy it worked out man. Car looks factory fresh.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
you won't curry any favours with me.
mushroom_curry

Postby Maraschino Larry » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:27 pm

Does not disappoint in person. For what you paid, I'd say the shortcomings came in all the right places, nothing insurmountable.
.**CLUB.**
**.*SODA**.*

tripwalking wrote:I'd be willing to split it straight up the crotch.
Maraschino Larry

Previous

Return to The 1%